Allstate Insurance Subsidiaries: A Guide to Finding the Right Coverage for You

Allstate Insurance, one of the leading auto insurance providers in the country, provides more than auto coverage to its customers.

It also offers home insurance and small business insurance plans tailored to your specific needs.

Allstate Insurance’s subsidiaries include Encompass Financial Corp., Esurance Inc., Answer Financial Group, Inc., Arity Insurance Services, Inc., RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd., and Allstate Car Rental Company LLC.

This guide will walk you through each subsidiary and the types of coverage they offer so you can find the right fit for you.

Life insurance

Purchasing life insurance means that, in case of your death, your family is taken care of financially.

Here’s what you should look for when buying a policy and which features to keep an eye on if you already have one.

Term vs.whole life insurance:

Term life insurance covers you for a specified period of time—usually 10 or 20 years—and pays out only upon your death within that time frame.

Whole-life policies, by contrast, are designed to last your entire lifetime and pay out no matter how long you live (in return for higher premiums).

Which option is best?

That depends on several factors such as your age, health status and goals (if any).

One rule of thumb?

Homeowners insurance

When you own a home, you’re required by law to have homeowners insurance.

In addition to insuring your personal property and your mortgage payments, it also protects you in case of disaster—should something catastrophic happen to your home, like a fire or flood.

Your policy also provides liability coverage if someone gets hurt on your property.

Vehicle coverage

If you’re in an accident and your car is damaged beyond repair, a standard car insurance policy will help you pay off your vehicle loan if it exceeds what you still owe.

If not, it can help you buy a new vehicle up to your policy limit.

If you have comprehensive coverage on your current vehicle, collision insurance will cover damage to other vehicles or objects (i.e., fences) when you are at fault.

If you don’t have comprehensive coverage on your current vehicle, collision coverage can be purchased separately from an auto insurance company.

Collision coverage helps pay for damages when another driver hits your car or truck—regardless of who was at fault.

Renters/condo owners insurance

Your personal property is more than just a way to fill your house—it’s an investment.

Whether you rent or own, adding renters insurance or condo owners insurance on top of your standard homeowners policy can help guard against natural disasters and unforeseen mishaps.

With Allstate’s renters insurance, you can get up to $35,000 in personal property coverage that helps replace lost or stolen items like laptops and TVs.

Condo owners insurance provides similar coverage but also includes liability protection if someone is injured in your unit.

To find out how much it costs to add these types of policies, talk with an agent at one of our local agencies.

Flood, windstorm, and earthquake coverage
In most instances, your homeowners insurance will not cover any damages from these three types of events.

If you live in an area prone to such disasters or want additional protection, you may want to consider adding special coverage for these events.

This can often be purchased as part of a package deal with standard homeowners coverage.

Or, if you prefer, you can buy it separately.

However, make sure you do so before disaster strikes—it is much easier (and cheaper) to get coverage when nothing is wrong than after something bad has happened.

It’s also important to note that many areas have very specific rules regarding flood and windstorm/earthquake coverage.

Check with your agent and local government to find out what applies in your area before purchasing extra protection.

Recreational vehicle coverage

These policies pay for covered losses if you’re traveling in a recreational vehicle, such as an RV.

Depending on your policy, it may also cover non-owned vehicles (ones that aren’t currently registered under your name), boats and planes, as well as other property you’re carrying.

It won’t cover damage caused by collisions or vandalism.

Motorcycle coverage

Do you know how much motorcycle insurance you need?

For example, if you own two bikes, how does that change your coverages?

Do you want to be covered for damage from other drivers who are underinsured or don’t carry coverage at all?

The more knowledge you have about your situation and coverage options—and the more involved in negotiating with insurers—the better off you’ll be.

Most importantly, never assume anything when it comes to your policy.

There are some very important details regarding motorcycle insurance that may not be apparent on first glance.

Make sure you understand what’s included and what isn’t before signing on any dotted lines.

Boating coverage

If you own a boat or other motorized watercraft, then it’s important to have boating insurance.

This type of coverage is available from a specialty insurer and can provide both physical damage and liability protection if your craft has an accident.

Since some types of boats (or certain equipment on your craft) require different types of coverage, you may need more than one type of boating insurance.

In fact, many states require that anyone operating a motorized watercraft carry liability insurance in order to legally operate their vessel.

For example, Massachusetts requires that all registered powerboats carry at least $20,000 worth of bodily injury coverage per person as well as $40,000 in total bodily injury protection per incident; additionally, operators must also carry at least $500 in property damage protection per incident.

Safelik Convert by TechyWebTech